Underwriting Specialist Mortgage
Glen Allen Glen Allen, VA 23059
Job Title: Underwriting Specialist –Mortgage
Location: Glen Allen, VA - 23059
Duration: 15 Months (Potential for Extension)
About Our Client : Our client is currently one of the largest banks in the Northeast, with branches spanning from Chicago to Vermont. The bank is one of the leading provider of loans and mortgages to individuals and business in the markets they serve. With over 1,500 branches within their network, our client has been a trusted name in banking since the 1800’s and currently has over $130 billion in holdings.
- The person in this role is responsible for the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards.
- Monitor all loan documents for accuracy and completeness and coordinate with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents.
- Collaborates with senior mortgage underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw, decline loans and acknowledge directly to individual and investor audits.
- Involves in multiple types of mortgage lending - conventional, government-backed.
- Assess an individual's creditworthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Responsible to meet production, quality and service standards along with feedbacks and guiding to ensure quality.
- Must have bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of relevant experience in mortgage underwriting.
- Should have knowledge on the credits and an abilities to review complex financial documents.
- Should have strong communication skills both - oral and written.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Ruby @ email@example.com - 678-310-2897