Unix System Administration
Dallas Dallas, TX 75217
Job Title: Unix System Administration
Location: Dallas, Texas, US - 75217
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Join IBM Cloud as a UNIX systems administrator, expanding, maintaining, and designing core infrastructure solutions.
- Work at the IBM Cloud corporate headquarters in Dallas, Texas as part of the core systems team.
- This is a senior role and will require applicants of a high skill and experience level.
Responsibilities And Duties:
- Maintain and expand function of a very large Linux, FreeBSD, XenServer, and Netscaler systems fleet.
- Develop centralized configuration code.
- Identify and remediate any and all security vulnerabilities and issues.
- Support development teams from within and outside the organization in making use of core infrastructure.
- Configure switches and load balancers for core internal rows.
- Coordinate with datacenter operations personnel for hardware turn-ups and turn-downs.
- Continually improve systems and processes with regard to automation and monitoring.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Minimum Required Qualifications And Skills:
- Strong, deep knowledge of Linux and/or FreeBSD computer operating systems.
- Very solid understanding of IP networking concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced programming and scripting abilities in multiple languages, which must include the bourne shell.
- Experience configuring routing and switching hardware.
- 2+ years' experience developing centralized configuration code.
- 5+ years' experience as a UNIX systems administrator.
Desired Additional Qualifications And Skills:
- 10+ years' experience as a UNIX systems administrator.
- 5+ years' experience developing centralized configuration code.
- Strong Ruby programming ability.
- Extensive experience with Citrix XenServer.
- Extensive experience with Citrix Netscaler.
- Advanced understanding of IP networking, packet framing, and dynamic routing protocols
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Vincent Gandra