San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94105
Job Title: VMWare Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA 94105
Duration: 6 months+ to FTE(FTE or TP- Any role would work)
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Adhering to SLAs
- Mentoring / Training Team Members
- Handling tickets / requests
- Perform root cause analysis
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Defining processes and ensuring that the processes are adhered to
- Oversees and is responsible for successful completion of Installation, configuration and migration
- Ensure maximum uptime according to the SLA
- Understanding of Multi-geo support environment
- Responsible for building / maintaining a test environment
- Improves and maintains customer and employee satisfaction
- Suggests new technologies and design changes
- Monitoring and maintaining SLA requirements by the team members
- Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy for 24x7 operation support
- Suggesting patches/upgrades to maintain security level
- Testing / Auditing/processes as required from time to time
- Identify Skill gaps and plan for training / knowledge updating
- Define, build and maintain in good operational conditions complex technical environments with respect to SLAs.
- Install, Configure & Manage VMware vSphere 6.0/6.5 ESXi Infrastructure.
- Experience in high level diagnostics & troubleshooting on VMware vSphere 6.0/6.5 ESXi.
- Excellent troubleshooting and System Administration skills on VMware products and tools.
- Experience working on FCOE, FCSAN, vSAN configuration and troubleshooting.
- OS / Patch Release management and manage Hosts patching via Update Manager Plug-in.
- Configure and Manage HA, DRS , SDRS, Resource Pools clusters.
- Manage Backups and Restore, along with understanding of VMware Snapshots.
- Configure and Manage Monitoring Alerts w.r.t VMware Hypervisors and VM’s
- Perform Capacity and Performance reports for Cluster , Hosts , Storage , VM’s etc.
- Manage Resources like CPU / Memory / Disk and manage respective resource bottleneck.
- Experience in performance tuning of VMware servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
- Experience in P2V, VMotion, Storage VMotion, FT etc.
- Experience on ESXi 6.0/6.5 Architecture and vSphere Web Client.
Years of Experience
- Above 10+ Years of experience
- Relevant : 6+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in managing and maintaining a medium/large environment (at least 100-150 Servers)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Bruce Kulkarni @ email@example.com 678-606-9871