WebSphere Admin - II
Piscataway Piscataway, NJ 08854
Job Title : WebSphere Admin - II
Location : Piscataway, NJ - 08854
Duration : 6+ Months contract
For more than 100 years, our client has been at the center of the communications revolution. Our client is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world. They help people, businesses and things communicate better. The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. They make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. They’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Their goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.
- Administrator performs the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere runtime environment, to include the design and implementation of infrastructure from specifications, configuration and deployment of applications, connecting to back-end resources, and advanced troubleshooting of moderately complex software applications.
- Deployment, administration and operational support of (production, staging, test and development) environments for multiple projects using WebSphere Application Server.
- Under general direction, devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems.
- Work with the development staff to determine project requirements for test/production environments.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications server activities.
- Keep current with emerging software enhancements, security patches and bug fixes.
- Monitor application server performance and respond appropriately.
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications.
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- Provides high level written communications such as white papers, decision documents, or research papers Identify, escalate and document production impact issues for the environment to confirmed delivery for client and business notification.
- Position requires the candidate to be highly flexible in hours of work because of its customer-facing, highly available infrastructure necessity.
- Experience with Web-based applications, SOA (Services Oriented Architectures) and Web application servers ( BEA Weblogic, Websphere).
- Competency in relational database structures and SQL.
- 5 to 7 years of experience.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Henry@ 678-487-8567, firstname.lastname@example.org