Windows System Engineer
Miami Miami, FL 33101
Job Title: Windows System Engineer
Location: Miami FL-33101
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
- The Windows System Engineer is responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and support of the overall Windows Server and virtualization platforms. This Includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading the Windows Server Operating System and virtualization hypervisor. It also includes diagnosing issues related to the underlying hardware platforms.
- Responsibility involves support of 24 X 7 business processes, meeting Service Level Agreements, documentation, and compliance to business processes and standards.
- The Windows System Administrator is also responsible for meeting compliance to any regulatory requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley and NERC CIP. This includes understanding the overall compliance framework and how it applies to the technologies supported.
- Progression Path: Associate, Practitioner, Senior, Principal
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required server service levels, Windows Server operations and related issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot VMWare ESX Hosts and Windows Servers.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex server problems and recommend and implement corrective hardware and/or software solutions.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding server and/or hardware problems.
- Accurately document instances of hardware and software failure, repair, installation, and removal, including root cause investigation.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Recommend, schedule and perform server OS improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Support development and implementation of new server projects and new hardware installations.
- Work with the Application Hosting team to evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase and to monitor and test server performance.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and server equipment vendors.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
- Provide guidance to business unit liaisons with application integration and deployment as it relates to the server infrastructure, availability and redundancy.
- Serve as cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Work with the Data Protection team to define and perform server backups. Provide guidance to Application owners on recovery procedures.
- Create shell scripts as required to automate operational tasks related to the Windows Server or VMWare environment.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 or more years of equivalent work experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of server hardware and hands-on experience troubleshooting of hardware.
- Strong understanding of server operating systems and experience troubleshooting Server OS issues.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware, Windows Server Operating Systems and VMWare.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Yamini @ email@example.com - 678-203-2377