San Diego San Diego, CA 92154
Job Title: Wintel/VMware
Location: San Diego, CA - 92154
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
The Team Lead Virtualization Systems will be part of a team that provides infrastructure support and engineering solutions virtualized environment, hosted application and, securing enterprise infrastructure. This Virtualization Systems Engineer must be exceptional at managing, VMware, Nutanix/ VX Block / VX Rack with Windows Servers.
The type of person who will thrive in this role is a natural problem solver who enjoys helping others. He/ she is the type of person who wakes up wanting to come in every day to make a difference for our clients, all while enjoying a collegial workplace full of talented and like-minded colleagues. He /She will have a chance to hone tech skills through industry-leading training.
What Should You Be Bringing To The Table, Besides A Smile And True Grit, You Will Need:
- 6+ years of Microsoft Server Support. Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or 2012R2. .
- 10+ years of Citrix, and VMware experience, Experience with clustering, high-availability, and VSphere are the order of the day here.
- 3+ Years of Hyper converged / Converged Infrastructure Support
- Strong experience with VX Block / VX Rack / UCS / Nutanix platforms
- Understanding of Network basics such as IP Addressing / VLANs / VXLANs / ACLs
- Understanding of Nexus and Network Architecture for DCs.
- Familiarity with VMware NSX will be added advantage.
- Familiarity with LUNs and have some experience with SANs too.
- Familiarity with Azure / AWS.
What Will You Be Responsible For:
- Escalated support for resolving persistent complex issues
- Architecture and Solutioning across the Datacenter spectrum
- Introducing operational efficiency in an environment and streamlining operations
- Problem ticket and risk management
- Providing RCA for complex issues
- Patch Compliance management
- Vulnerability Remediation
- Lead a Team of 20+ Virtualization System Engineers working in USA and Offshore.
- Responsible for delivering Service Levels and driving improvements.
- Automation and Resource Optimization.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vincent Gandra @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 415-200-4129