Rancho Mirage, California, US - 92270 Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Job Title: Cash Analyst
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, US - 92270
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Short Term
- Must have Cash Posting experience and the ability to float due to department needs.
- Must be a true temp. only will not be transitioned to full time. May possibly have more hours than part time must be flexible.
- The position is responsible for processing payments, adjustments and denials to the patient accounting system.
- Preferred: Some College
- Required: 1 to 3 years of data entry related to Insurance claims processing or payment posting in a Hospital or Physician Practice.
- Preferred: 2 to 4 years of payment analysis and posting with a clear understanding of contractual reimbursement and adjustments.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- ERA and EFT processing knowledge and experience -Experience with internet applications, MS Word, Excel and database applications Must possess understanding of Insurance regulations and payment principals.
- Understanding of medical terminology, managed care terminology, CPT/ICD9 coding and remark codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Ten key by touch
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Hospital-Wide Supporting Commitments:
- Completes annual health, safety, compliance reviews and any department/hospital specific requirements within the expected time frame.
- Corrects and/or reports any unsafe conditions to extension 4759 or email@example.com.
- Adheres to hospital and department safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Understands the importance of immediately reporting on-the-job injuries online and to your supervisor.
- Wears identification badge at all times ensuring it can be read.
- Accepts responsibility for own work; develops trust and credibility with peers, supervisors & customers.
- Maintains sound judgment and reasoning; analyzes problems or procedures & selects correct course of action.
- Treats co-workers as teammates; accepts/supports team decisions and the roles of others.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Engages in opportunities to learn and grow by participating in training and educational programs.
- Acknowledges each person in a friendly contact & offers assistance as needed.
- Provides an enhanced level of service by taking immediate action in addressing customer requests, needs, and concerns.
- Uses pleasant/appropriate tone and positive verbal/nonverbal/written communication at all times.
- Answers telephone by identifying department and name; and asks “How may I help you?”
- Treats everyone with courtesy and respect, not making excuses nor blaming other employees or departments; works together to improve customer service.
- Maintains a professional image and a clean, orderly environment that portrays an overall image of excellence.
- Promotes a culture of healing by creating a quiet, calm, pleasant and cheerful environment.
- Demonstrates compassion when dealing with difficult situations & takes initiative to resolve.
- Creates a positive environment by not engaging in inappropriate communication.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and embraces the culture of performance excellence.
- Adheres to all hospital, division and departmental policies and procedures.
- Balances individual/team responsibilities to produce more efficiently.
- Helps others during slow periods.
- Adheres to all rules & standards around productivity, timeliness, overtime, & meal/rest periods.
- Provides helpful, courteous, timely, and accurate responses to all individuals & pays attention to detail.
- Makes a concerted effort to conserve hospital resources, i.e. electricity, supplies, water.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Prepare payment batches received from the lock box according to department policy including but not limited to balancing and size specifications.
- Balances the Lock Box Batches according to policy.
- Maintains quality assurance by randomly reviewing electronic processed payments.
- Balances the Electronic Cash posting, Including all electronic Remittance Advice.
- Posts zero pays and adjustments as indicated
- Distributes dally cash log via e mail as indicated.
- Maintains daily variance reports and notifies management of any Issues
- Reviews correspondence for trends and Issues and advises management in a timely manner.
- Notifies management of reimbursement trends including reversals, take backs, levies and bonus payments per policy.
- Ensures that all batches are posted based on FIFO (First In First out} standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Alroy Miller