Desk Side Support
New Orleans New Orleans, LA 70119
Job Title: Desk Side Support
Location: New Orleans, LA - 70119
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- 3+ year’s application packaging experience using Flexera Admin Studio and at least one other utility such as Smart Packager Pro, InstallShield, or Wise Package Studio.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email, and Jabber to an internal customer base that includes onshore and offshore users.
- Experience working with applications deployed in a Citrix environment.
- Working knowledge of application deployments using IBM’s BigFix.
- Experience using Service Now for managing service requests, trouble tickets, and Change Management.
- Comprehensive technical problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of Active Directory & Group Policy Management.
- PowerShell and general scripting knowledge.
- Responsible for creating deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to create and deploy packages using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, and Smart Packager Pro according to customer’s requirements.
- Gather requirements, document processes and procedures for creating and deploying software in an Enterprise environment.
- Document customizations and changes made during the packaging process.
- Follow required Change Management processes through to final deployment.
- Create tagalongs for application deployment using IBM’s BigFix.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation and deployment issues affecting the workstation environment.
- Be able to use utilities like Process Monitor to help identify software problems on the users’ workstation.
- Must have the ability to work with many teams to assist with resolving customer’s issues including the Service Desk, Field Service technicians, Application Developers, Project Managers, and Citrix team to provide the best possible user experience for the customer.
- Be able to work extended hours when necessary, including on call support after hours and on weekends.
- Create technical documentation on problem resolution for the Service Desk, Field Services, and end users.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Vincent Gandra @ email@example.com - 415-200-4129