Engineer, Telecommunications - Las Vegas
Las Vegas Las Vegas, NV 89118
Job Title: Engineer, Telecommunications - Las Vegas
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada - 89118
Duration: 12 Months Contract
About Our Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
- Looking for a Network Operations Engineer, with dispatching and troubleshooting experience.
The Network Operation Centre (NOC) Have Three Main Roles:
- to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- to schedule field crews based on trouble tickets, capital work, and preventative maintenance tasks
- to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
- These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC - our engineers are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner.
- We interact frequently with technical support, service provisioning and sales teams so it's important that we are clear and concise in our communications. We also work very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task and priorities work appropriately. We don't expect you to have all the required knowledge when you join us as many of these skills can be picked up through experience in the job, but those who do need to learn new skills must be prepared to spend time doing suitable research to ensure their grounding is thorough and properly understood. Importantly, NOC engineers must have a solid understanding of the Dispatch Software, and or be willing to learn the following products;
- IBM Maximo
Eager and quick to learn, be clear communicators and must be able to use their initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the Telenium Monitoring Systems (these report on the status and performance of Telecom network, for both North and South).
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to Maximo Tickets, and able to dispatch and work with Ventyx Software.) Serve as the liaison with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution.
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, and Internal NVE customer network services).
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks At Substations and Communications Sites monitored by Telecom).
- Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing Ethernet, fiber and console cabling, remote power and KVM).
- Create and Maintenance technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations for Both North and South Telecom Operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, and assist Network Engineer on Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Networks North and South.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills:
- A minimum of 12-18 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Basic Linux CLI skills.
- Basic sysadmin skills.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and priorities faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 702-827-0376.