Field Service Technician II
Atlanta Atlanta, GA 30328
Job Title: Field Service Technician II
Location: Lansing MI - 48906
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
About Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- As a member of Client’s IT Operations and Global Support Organization’s IT Field Services Group, you will be responsible for providing and leading your team to provide end user application & hardware support including PC workstations, printers/drivers, advanced network and telecom troubleshooting, server support and level II resolution of incident tickets while operating in a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- You will provide advanced desk-side support, interfacing with a diverse user community in a variety of office, laboratory, and production equipment locations.
- This will include installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, support, and control of critical technology infrastructure.
- In addition to your technical role in support of the administrative offices and production facilities at the Client MPS location in Lansing. Michigan, you may also be called upon to provide support for other regional locations (i.e. Battle Creek MI, Plymouth MI) as needed.
- As the Site Lead for Lansing, you will establish, communicate, and implement Client IT policies and standards to your team and local business partners.
- Work closely with the IT enterprise organizations, including the Service Desk, to ensure proper communication, escalation and resolution of disruptions in the technology service delivery.
How you will impact Client:
- As the IT Field Services Site Lead you will serve as the primary site contact with other technology organization and vendors and support the local business leadership team and users as the IT site representative.
- In addition, you will provide hands-on support for Microsoft Windows & Apple operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory and directory services, smart phones and wired/wireless network solutions.
- As the on-site 2nd level support team you will be called on to perform analytical, technical, and administrative work to aid in the on-going support of technology assets in the enterprise, including installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, supporting, and controlling critical business and IT infrastructure and applications.
- Represent the IT Field Services function and extended team as the primary point of contact for you work location.
- Engage with IT peers and teams from other sites to ensure adherence to standard processes.
- Work in an ITIL-compliant, Service Management environment, maintaining both personal and team SLA compliance.
- Troubleshoot complex hardware and software problems and create innovative solutions
- Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work to aid in the on-going support of technology assets in the enterprise, including installation, maintenance, supporting, troubleshooting, and control of critical infrastructure
- Install common, standard, and complex software and hardware peripherals.
- Assist with end-user questions, problems, and training.
- Configure complex, third-party, networked, and site-specific applications
- Generate innovative recommendations and initiate technology change requests.
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows and iOS Computing Endpoints (PCs Tablets, VMUs, kiosks)
- Configure and troubleshoot Android, iOS, Windows & Chromium OS mobile devices
- Work with technology assets including: single-user & networked desktop & laptop clients; desktop & network printers, Tablets & Vehicle Mounted Devices, Wired, Wireless & Telecom networks.
- Correct implementation of company’s processes and update of the support procedures as a document owner
- Support and maintain IT servers; network switches, cabling; process control clients; and other technology assets and solutions in the computer rooms as needed.
- Act as primary contact or Administrator for critical niche apps that are required to operate the business. Duties may include loading and configuring client software as well as testing and applying required patches
- Participate in an on-call duty roster with a weekly rotation of 24x7 coverage as required by business unit operations.
- Contribute in a project environment; both locally-focused and enterprise-wide, and may direct others during short projects
- Serve as the primary IT site contact with local business leadership and other technology organizations as well as vendors.
- Manage local technology asset inventory. Approve IT asset acquisition & technology change requests using the provided tools.
- Provide routine support for Audio-Visual Collaboration and Videoconference systems
- Provide direct technical support to users at all levels of the organization (including VIP users).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but a Technical School Degree plus experience and technical certifications is acceptable with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Production IT manufacturing environment
- Experience in managing a Production-Critical IT environment
- Minimum 5 years proven PC/Windows experience.
- Minimum 2 years network and telecom support experience including MAC’s; cable, general device, and connectivity troubleshooting; punch-downs; cross-connects; and first level host PBX system administration.
- Excellent problem solving, dispute resolution and interpersonal skills
- Full understanding of IT Service Management framework and a respect for the ITIL Management Framework, ITIL Certification is highly favored
- Must have advanced experience configuring and troubleshooting personal computers including all aspects of hardware and software support in a Windows operating system environment
- Cisco CCNA certification is a plus. Network related discipline or certifications are required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office365, including Skype, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Support Tools, SCCM, WSUS and Active Directory concepts.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to prioritize, delegate tasks and multi-task
- Excellent skills in written/oral communications including group facilitation, presentation, and communicating across entire spectrum of an organization
- Internal knowledge of Client’s business and experience with large-format production manufacturing solutions is preferred
- Ability to proactively engage and communicate with all IT functional areas while ensuring alignment with local Applications, Process Control Network (PCN), and Business Systems.
- The position requires frequent lifting of Equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Ross @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 402-518-3275