Sr. Mechanical Engineer
North Reading, Massachusetts, US - 01862 North Reading, MA 01862
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Location: North Reading, Massachusetts, US - 01862
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Requires BS Mechanical Engineering (advanced degree strongly preferred) performing mechanical engineering in fast paced environment
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, be a self-starter, and be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be task oriented, goal driven, and be willing to drive issues to closure
- Must be able to communicate and listen to the needs of staff, to represent the staff with higher levels of management, and to work effectively with the rest of the Continuing Engineering Group or Core Design groups
- Analyzing and understand hardware requirements for the new system/features for which the team is responsible
- Creating sizing and test development schedules for new features to ensure delivery of high quality hardware within time and budget
- Specifications and test design documents based on the requirements
- Must have experience working with RF environment
- Must have experience with sheet metal, machine, and plastics design and manufacturing processes
- Solid engineering and analytical skills and a working knowledge of geometric tolerancing
- A complete understanding of the development process of electro-mechanical products is required
- Generation of specifications, details, BOM’s, and assemblies
- Understanding of product development and manufacturing processes
- ECO/ECN generation and implementation
- Implementation of DFM and DFA principles.
- Experience working with E/M packaging layout and design including sheet metal, plastics, cabling, and PC Boards, RF Environment, Semiconductor domain
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of general drafting and design standards including ANSI Y14.5 and GD & T.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of SolidWorks
- Excellent organizational, communication, and integration skills including the ability to foster and sustain communication between cross-functional groups.
- Ability to define, direct, and participate in the design verification testing of design solutions.
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented, and “hands-on”
- Proven ability to manage third party design resources from suppliers or contract engineering services is highly desired
- Must be a strong self starter with regards to understanding of company standards
- Ability to share “Lessons Learned” resulting from closed issues with Core development teams
- Support the evaluation and selection of new vendors. Provide vendors with recommendations for improvement in their processes and technologies.
- Working knowledge of Compliance/Regulatory design requirements
- BSME, Minimum GPA: 3.0/4.0
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach To A Recruiter:
Name: Lina Mitnasala